Since it was established, IFD Kapital Group has paid particular attention to various social and charity programs. To help raise financial and material resources, the Group founded the IFD Kapital Charity Fund for Social Programs in 2004.
Promoting the protection and required maintenance of buildings with historical and cultural significance
The Khotkovo Nunnery
Since 2009, IFD Kapital Group has provided charitable support to the Khotkovo Nunnery of the Russian Orthodox Church.
The IFD Kapital Charity Fund for Social Programs has made a significant contribution to the honorable cause of preserving historical heritage. The Fund has completed an extensive work in restoring the Pokrov and Nikolsky cathedrals, over-the-gates churches, and monastery buildings. Landscaping work is under way within the convent.
The first mention of the nunnery dates back to 1308. Venerable Kirill and Maria, the Radonezh miracle workers and the parents of Venerable Sergius of Radonezh took their monastic vows in the nunnery and died there in 1337. The shrine containing their holy remains is the convent's main relic.
At all times, following the covenant of Venerable Sergius of Radonezh, pilgrims on the way to the Lavra have stopped by in Khotkovo to worship the remains of his holy parents.
Originally, the monastery was mixed, for both old men and old women. In 1554, it was re-designated as a nunnery. In 1544, the convent was assigned to the Trinity Lavra of St. Sergius. In 1764, the nunnery became independent. The period from the 19th to the early 20th century was marked by the convent's prosperity, with around 400 inhabitants. At that time, the monastery's architectural ensemble took its shape.
Following the October Revolution, the monastery was closed and robbed in 1928. In 1989, the Pokrov cathedral of the convent was conferred to the Russian Orthodox Church; in 1992, the Khotkovo Nunnery was re-opened, and monasterial life was resumed.
The monastery has a library, a Sunday school, a hospital, and an Orthodox Orphanage.
Life-Giving Trinity Church in Khoroshevo, Moscow
In 2009, with the participation of the IFD Kapital Fund, the construction of the Clergy House was completed. The design was developed by architect E. Gurova. The building fuses organically with the surroundings. The clergy house includes the baptist church of John the Baptist, a church shop, a meal room, as well as residential and utility premises.
The Church of Michael the Archangel, Tomb of the Golitsyns of the Donskoy Monastery of the Russian Orthodox Church
In 2016, renovations to preserve federal heritage were completed in the Church of Michael the Archangel, Tomb of the Golitsyns of the Donskoy Monastery of the Russian Orthodox Church.
The work included replacing the roof and wooden structures, and restoring the exterior plasterwork of the church building and the window fillings in the tholobate and the main area of the church.
The Archangel Michael Church was built in 1806-1809, based on a design by the architect I. V. Egotov as a tomb for the Golitsyn family, funded by Anna Golitsyna, born as baroness Stroganova.
Museum Church of Saint Nicholas in Tolmachi, museum complex of the Tretyakov Gallery
Work is currently under way to support and provide financial assistance to restoration work at the Museum Church of Saint Nicholas in Tolmachi, museum complex of the Tretyakov Gallery.
The Saint Nicholas Church in Tolmachi is a family chapel at the Tretyakov Gallery. The museum's exhibits consist of a considerable portion of its furnishings. These include icons from the main and lateral iconostases, including Saint Nicholas, the Descent of the Holy Ghost on the Apostles, and the altar crosses and liturgical utensils.
Here, inside a special glass box, is the greatest Russian holy relic and the world-famous work of art, the pride of the Gallery, the icon of the Holy Mother Vladimirskaya (12th century).
Supporting the protection of motherhood, childhood, and fatherhood
As part of the Supporting the Protection of Motherhood, Childhood, and Fatherhood program, the Fund donates to the following institutions:
Supporting educational efforts
Education - a Step into the Future scholarship
For those leaving children's homes and boarding schools who have a pro-active attitude and wish to receive a higher education, the IFD Kapital Fund has developed the Education - a Step into the Future program. On a monthly basis, the Fund pays scholarships to students, former students of children's homes and boarding schools, who were abandoned by their parents. Today, the Fund supports more than fifty students from various higher educational institutions in Moscow.
One-time financial aid for children winning the Nutcracker contest
Taking into account the significance of the spiritual and cultural upbringing of Russia's young generation, the IFD Kapital Charity Fund for Social Programs realizes how vital it is to support a talented child at the very beginning of their creative path and to help young prodigies in various arts.
Since 2006, the Fund has supported the International Television Contest for Young Musicians, Nutcracker.
The Fund provides one-time material aid to three diploma winners and three prize winners in the Nutcracker contest, one in each nomination (wind, string, piano).
Shchepkin Theater School
For the purpose of promoting Russian culture, arts, and personal spiritual development, the IFD Kapital Charity Fund for Social Programs helped repair and procure necessary equipment for the Ermolova Lecture Hall at the Shchepkin Theater School under the Maly Theater.
Supporting disease prevention and health protection efforts
In disease prevention and health protection, the IFD Kapital Charity Fund for Social Programs, makes quarterly payments for purchasing cancer medicines for children being treated at the Blokhin Russian Oncology Research Center.
Supporting state, public, and other organizations
Peter the Great Military Academy of the Strategic Missile Force
As part of the program to support state, public, and other organizations, the IFD Kapital Charity Fund for Social Programs supports cadets, adjutants, and teachers for the Peter the Great Military Academy of the Strategic Missile Force.
6, Krasnopresnenskaya naberezhnaya, 123100, Moscow
Phone (495) 411-52-00
Fax (495) 411-63-61